- Some of the good things in Qlikview are
- Extension objects for third party visualization. http://www.qlikblog.at/2848/qlikview-extension-tutorial-basic-concept
- Column level data reduction based on users login (in QlikView we have Section Access)
- Does not support connectivity with XML data sources.
- QlikView can manage much more complex calculations. You soon hit the limit for what Tableau can do.
- QlikView has their own data file for storage (QVD), which compresses data as 10 times of the original size. There is no equivalent to QVD in Tableau
- Because Tableau doesn’t have a QVD equivalent, you’re limited by the DBMS in terms of response times.